The Chamber of Commerce and Industry Switzerland-Turkey was established in 1985, with its head office in Geneva and a representative office in Zurich in charge of the German speaking part of Switzerland. It is organized and governed in accordance with Article of the Swiss Civil Code.
The Board of Directors comprises nine members appointed by the General Assembly. The Board of Directors governs the Chamber and represents the Chamber in relation to third parties. The Board of Directors carries out its duties free of compensation. Three quarters of the members composing the Board of Directors must be domiciles in Switzerland.
Objectives and Activities
The Chamber’s objective is to promote the development of the economic and commercial relations between Switzerland and Turkey . In order to achieve this objective, the Chamber maintains existing relationships and helps to create new relationship between commercial and industrial companies in both countries.
Towards this end, the Chamber,
- establishes close relations with Swiss and Turkish authorities; with the Chamber of Commerce of both countries, with banks and commercial and industrial enterprises in both countries;
- provides information to its members and Swiss authorities on a daily, weekly and monthly basis via e-mail;
- collects information on the laws, decrees and regulations in banking, exports, imports and investments;
- Encourages the transfer of technology and the establishment of “joint ventures” in industrial and agricultural sectors;
- Edits and distributes a “review” and other publications;
- Arranges meetings and conferences either with authorities of the two countries or with prominent experts in various areas.
Any individual or juridical person interested in the development of the economic relations between Switzerland and Turkey can become a member of the Chamber. Any request of admission has to be made by written and addressed to the Committee.
The Committee decides on every single request.